West Bengal cop now moves court against Mamata
Kolkata: Alleging police inaction, senior IPS officer Nazrul Islam on Friday filed a petition before a city court seeking investigations against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and three government officials on a complaint he filed last month.
Islam, an additional director general-rank officer, in his August 17 complaint accused Banerjee, Chief Secretary Sanjay Mitra, Home Secretary Basudeb Banerjee and Director General of Police Naparajit Mukherjee of criminal intimidation, causing mental agony, denying him promotion, disallowing leave, bugging communication lines and criminal intimidation of his family members.
"The Hare Street police station before which Islam filed the complaint has refused to investigate the matter. Even the city police commissioner to whom he had written has not taken any action, so we were compelled to file this petition," said Islam`s counsel Gulam Mustafa.
"The court today (Friday) admitted our petition and the hearing has begun," said Mustafa, adding that though the complaint was filed over a month ago, police have refused to take any action.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata