West Bengal Finance Minister Amit Mitra hospitalised
Kolkata: West Bengal`s new Finance
Minister Amit Mitra was admitted to a hospital here on Saturday after
he complained of acute abdominal pain.
"The Finance Minister was admitted with acute
abdominal pain due to colitis. But he is gradually improving,"
Belle Vue clinic administrator PK Tondon said.
Mitra, 63, is under observation in the intensive
therapy unit (ITU) for 48 hours, he said, adding it would take
some time for him to fully recover.
"Mitra is gradually improving and had a good sleep.
His condition is stable and there is no cause of worry," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam