West Bengal gang-rape victim released from hospital, police protection on
Suri: The 20-year-old tribal girl, who was allegedly gang-raped by 13 men on the order of a kangaroo court in Birbhum district, was on Friday discharged from a hospital here and provided with constant police protection, a senior police official said.
She was sent to a government-affiliated home here, official sources said.
The hospital authorities said that the medical team had gone through her medical reports thoroughly before recommending her discharge. Also, the mother of the girl was consulted.
The girl has been kept under constant police protection, a senior police official confirmed.
Inquired about the medical reports of the girl, IG western range SN Gupta said, " We are yet to receive the forensic reports. The investigation is on."
A tribal rights organisation today claimed that the kangaroo court, which allegedly gave the order of the gang rape of girl, was organised by the Gram Sabha under the leadership of an elected Gram Panchayat leader.
Gupta, reacting to a claim by a section of villagers and adivasi communities that the rape had not at all taken place, said, "An inquiry has been instituted to bring out the truth. Let us wait for the result."
The girl had appeared before Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate Pijush Ghosh, Bolpur, to record her statement under CrPC 164 yesterday.
Thirteen people, including the `morol` (community head) Balai Murdy accused of the alleged gang-rape, are in police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video