West Bengal gang-rape: Victim was set on fire, didn`t commit suicide
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The 16-year-old gang-rape victim blamed two of her attackers for her condition in her dying declaration and said that the accused had set her on fire when she was alone at her home.
The victim, who succumbed to her burn injuries on Tuesday was gang-raped twice by six men in October last year. Her cremation took place today.
Police have slapped murder charges against the accused.
The victim`s father is a taxi driver who hails from Bihar has refuted claims that the girl set herself on fire and blamed the accused for her condition.
He has demanded death penalty for the six accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered