West Bengal gang-rape: Victim was set on fire, didn`t commit suicide
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The 16-year-old gang-rape victim blamed two of her attackers for her condition in her dying declaration and said that the accused had set her on fire when she was alone at her home.
The victim, who succumbed to her burn injuries on Tuesday was gang-raped twice by six men in October last year. Her cremation took place today.
Police have slapped murder charges against the accused.
The victim`s father is a taxi driver who hails from Bihar has refuted claims that the girl set herself on fire and blamed the accused for her condition.
He has demanded death penalty for the six accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH