West Bengal gang-rape: Victim was set on fire, didn`t commit suicide
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The 16-year-old gang-rape victim blamed two of her attackers for her condition in her dying declaration and said that the accused had set her on fire when she was alone at her home.
The victim, who succumbed to her burn injuries on Tuesday was gang-raped twice by six men in October last year. Her cremation took place today.
Police have slapped murder charges against the accused.
The victim`s father is a taxi driver who hails from Bihar has refuted claims that the girl set herself on fire and blamed the accused for her condition.
He has demanded death penalty for the six accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM