West Bengal gang-rape: Victim was set on fire, didn`t commit suicide
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The 16-year-old gang-rape victim blamed two of her attackers for her condition in her dying declaration and said that the accused had set her on fire when she was alone at her home.
The victim, who succumbed to her burn injuries on Tuesday was gang-raped twice by six men in October last year. Her cremation took place today.
Police have slapped murder charges against the accused.
The victim`s father is a taxi driver who hails from Bihar has refuted claims that the girl set herself on fire and blamed the accused for her condition.
He has demanded death penalty for the six accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory