West Bengal gang-rape: Victim`s father accepts job in Bihar, vows to fight for justice
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: The father of the Madhyamgram gang-rape victim has refused to return to West Bengal and said that they will now stay in Bihar and take up the government job offered to him at his native place.
The family had met Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday where they were assured of a job as a police vehicle drive in Samastipur district.
"Now, we will stay in Bihar after Nitish Kumar told us he will rehabilitate us here," the girl`s mother had said.
"We will visit West Bengal whenever there will be a need in connection with the case in courts there," the victim`s father said.
He also requested Nitish Kumar to agree to their demand for a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) into the case with the concerned authorities in West Bengal as well in the central government.
"We hope to get justice at least in my own state Bihar, if not in West Bengal," he said before meeting Nitish Kumar.
The family hails from Bihar`s Samastipur, but had migrated to Madhyamgram in West Bengal`s North 24 Parganas district in search of livelihood, he said.
The girl`s mother said it was ironical that her daughter failed to get justice in West Bengal even though a woman was the chief minister of the state.
Nitish Kumar had earlier announced an ex-gratia grant of Rs.1 lakh for the girl`s family.
The girl was allegedly raped twice by a gang in October last year and set afire Dec 23. She died of injuries Dec 31.
Alleging that the West Bengal Police were forcing them to leave the state, the family also met President Pranab Mukherjee, seeking death penalty for the culprits.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference