West Bengal government mulling advisory to parents on home tutor
Kolkata: The West Bengal government is contemplating issuing advisories to parents engaging private tutors for their children at homes, a day after a three-year- old boy was assaulted at his Lake Town address by a woman tutor, a minister said on Thursday.
"The advisory would be on the lines of information and identity of domestic helps which households are requested to give to the police in Kolkata and SPs in the districts," Sashi Panja, Womwn and Child Welfare Minister told.
Panja said that she held a meeting with state Chief Secretary Sanjay Mitra and other top officials regarding the beating up of the kid and the advisory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- AAP's protest march to 7 RCR: Detained Delhi Dy CM Sisodia, 52 MLAs released by police
- 'Time to focus on cyber threats to aviation sector in India'
- Alien or rock formation? UFO hunters claim extraterrestrial presence on Mars! - See pic
- Government plans new category visa to attract foreigners, boost trade
- Mann Ki Baat: Declare undisclosed income, assets voluntarily by Sept 30, it is last chance, says PM Modi