West Bengal govt announces draft industrial policy
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Saturday announced its draft industrial policy to attract investment, two days ahead of its completion of two years in office.
State Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee told reporters in presence of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee that the state government has uploaded its industrial policy, in which focus has been given on industrial park and industrial hub to be developed on PPP model.
"Land allocation and incentive offered, have also been incorporated in the draft policy," he said.
The industry minister said that "while formulating the draft industrial policy, We have kept in view industrial policies of eight to ten states to accelerate pace of industrialisation in the state."
Chatterjee said that the state government was open to suggestions from various chambers and industries ``and we will incorporate those, if found practical, in the final industry policy``.
The state government also announced its new textile policy, besides MSME policy.
The chief minister said that this was the first time the state had announced the textile policy, which would encourage weavers, garment manufacturers and hosiery units "so that West Bengal can capture the markets outside".
Turning to MSME policy, she said "the state government will give various benefits to both MSME and textiles, which include capital investment subsidy, interest subsidy on term loans, electricity duty waiver, power subsidy, stamp duty and registration fee waiver, entry tax reimbursement for plants and machineries, VAT reimbursement.
"This will be applicable to both textile and MSME," she said.
Apart from these, the state government will offer additional benefits under standard quality compliance, freight subsidy and handloom, powerloom, hosiery, apparel and garments, state Finance Minister Amit Mitra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!