West Bengal govt not cooperating with SEC: Congres
Kolkata: Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya today accused the West Bengal government of not cooperating with the State Election Commission in holding the panchayat election.
"The state government is not cooperating with the SEC. From the very beginning it has been opposing deployment of central forces for panchayat poll," Bhattacharya told reporters.
The Calcutta High Court yesterday upheld the supremacy of the SEC in holding panchayat election in the state where a three-phase poll is scheduled to begin on July 2.
Bhattacharya charged both TMC and CPI-M with perpetrating violence on Congress workers across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!