West Bengal govt not cooperating with SEC: Congres
Kolkata: Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya today accused the West Bengal government of not cooperating with the State Election Commission in holding the panchayat election.
"The state government is not cooperating with the SEC. From the very beginning it has been opposing deployment of central forces for panchayat poll," Bhattacharya told reporters.
The Calcutta High Court yesterday upheld the supremacy of the SEC in holding panchayat election in the state where a three-phase poll is scheduled to begin on July 2.
Bhattacharya charged both TMC and CPI-M with perpetrating violence on Congress workers across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment
- Indian Premier League: Here's what original mystery spinner Paul Adams said about Shivil Kaushik!
- 'Deal between PM Modi and Italy to fix Sonia Gandhi': BJP moves privilege motion against Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nine Taliban militants killed in IED blast in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day