West Bengal govt not cooperating with SEC: Congres
Kolkata: Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya today accused the West Bengal government of not cooperating with the State Election Commission in holding the panchayat election.
"The state government is not cooperating with the SEC. From the very beginning it has been opposing deployment of central forces for panchayat poll," Bhattacharya told reporters.
The Calcutta High Court yesterday upheld the supremacy of the SEC in holding panchayat election in the state where a three-phase poll is scheduled to begin on July 2.
Bhattacharya charged both TMC and CPI-M with perpetrating violence on Congress workers across the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview