West Bengal govt plans to ban online lottery
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced on Tuesday that the government would ban online lottery "Online lotto".
The necessary notification regarding the issue will be issued soon, she said.
Describing "Online Lotto" as a social problem, she said it led to fights between family members.
"Online Lotto was started during the Left Front rule. It has ceased now. But today I am officially announcing a ban on such lottery," Banerjee told reporters at the state secretariat Writers` Buildings.
Announcing a crackdown against food adulteration, the Chief Minister said the enforcement directorate has been directed to identity those responsible for adding hazardous colour to vegetables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city