West Bengal govt plans to ban online lottery
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced on Tuesday that the government would ban online lottery "Online lotto".
The necessary notification regarding the issue will be issued soon, she said.
Describing "Online Lotto" as a social problem, she said it led to fights between family members.
"Online Lotto was started during the Left Front rule. It has ceased now. But today I am officially announcing a ban on such lottery," Banerjee told reporters at the state secretariat Writers` Buildings.
Announcing a crackdown against food adulteration, the Chief Minister said the enforcement directorate has been directed to identity those responsible for adding hazardous colour to vegetables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB