West Bengal hurtling towards devastation: Congress
Kolkata: With Mamata Banerjee government completing two years in office in West Bengal, the Congress on Saturday claimed that its former ally`s achievements were nil, and the state was hurtling towards devastation.
"The achievements of Trinamool Congress regime in the last two years are zero. They are taking the state towards complete devastation," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharjee told a press conference while releasing a `report card` on the performance of the government.
The report card was critical about Trinamool Congress` industrial policy and law and order situation in the state.
Claiming that law and order had gone for a toss and that `partycracy` prevailed, Bhattacharjee alleged that police officers accused of working at the behest of the earlier Left Front regime, were finding favour with the TMC dispensation.
"Those police officers accused of working at the behest of the previous Left regime during the Nandigram and Netai violence are now blue-eyed officers of this government," he said.
"During the last two years, although development of the state has been put on the backburner, the Trinamool as a party has prospered by leaps and bounds," he said.
Bhattacharjee said that his party would chalk out a plan of action to reach out to the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'