West Bengal hurtling towards devastation: Congress
Kolkata: With Mamata Banerjee government completing two years in office in West Bengal, the Congress on Saturday claimed that its former ally`s achievements were nil, and the state was hurtling towards devastation.
"The achievements of Trinamool Congress regime in the last two years are zero. They are taking the state towards complete devastation," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharjee told a press conference while releasing a `report card` on the performance of the government.
The report card was critical about Trinamool Congress` industrial policy and law and order situation in the state.
Claiming that law and order had gone for a toss and that `partycracy` prevailed, Bhattacharjee alleged that police officers accused of working at the behest of the earlier Left Front regime, were finding favour with the TMC dispensation.
"Those police officers accused of working at the behest of the previous Left regime during the Nandigram and Netai violence are now blue-eyed officers of this government," he said.
"During the last two years, although development of the state has been put on the backburner, the Trinamool as a party has prospered by leaps and bounds," he said.
Bhattacharjee said that his party would chalk out a plan of action to reach out to the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16