West Bengal: Leopard dies in accident
Jalpaiguri: A young female leopard was killed on Tuesday when a speeding car hit it near Gorumara National Park in Jalpaiguri district.
The leopard died on the spot after being hit by the car at Batabari area, Wildlife warden Seema Chowdhury said.
The animal was crossing the road when the car hit it, she said, adding, the car was running at a speed higher than 40 km per hour which is the stipulated speed for plying cars near the national park.
The car sped away after the accident, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Euro 2016: Italy`s Antonio Candreva to miss pre-quarters clash with Spain
- India has a very big infrastructure programme: Arun Jaitley
- Germany's Merkel calls for sober EU divorce talks with 'partner' Britain
- Sanjay Bangar, Abhay Sharma named as support staff to Indian cricket coach Anil Kumble
- Russia, regime strikes kill 47 in east Syria: Monitor