West Bengal: Leopard dies in accident
Jalpaiguri: A young female leopard was killed on Tuesday when a speeding car hit it near Gorumara National Park in Jalpaiguri district.
The leopard died on the spot after being hit by the car at Batabari area, Wildlife warden Seema Chowdhury said.
The animal was crossing the road when the car hit it, she said, adding, the car was running at a speed higher than 40 km per hour which is the stipulated speed for plying cars near the national park.
The car sped away after the accident, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed