West Bengal: Leopard dies in accident
Jalpaiguri: A young female leopard was killed on Tuesday when a speeding car hit it near Gorumara National Park in Jalpaiguri district.
The leopard died on the spot after being hit by the car at Batabari area, Wildlife warden Seema Chowdhury said.
The animal was crossing the road when the car hit it, she said, adding, the car was running at a speed higher than 40 km per hour which is the stipulated speed for plying cars near the national park.
The car sped away after the accident, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?