West Bengal: Leopard dies in accident
Jalpaiguri: A young female leopard was killed on Tuesday when a speeding car hit it near Gorumara National Park in Jalpaiguri district.
The leopard died on the spot after being hit by the car at Batabari area, Wildlife warden Seema Chowdhury said.
The animal was crossing the road when the car hit it, she said, adding, the car was running at a speed higher than 40 km per hour which is the stipulated speed for plying cars near the national park.
The car sped away after the accident, she said.
- Over 81 percent polling in Bengal assembly polls phase five
- AIADMK government implemented several worker welfare schemes: Jayalalithaa
- Congress criticises Centre for not inquiring Vijay Mallya's transactions
- See pic: Tim Kopra shares view of massive storm near Japan from space!
- Thousands rally in Turkey to mark May Day amid tight security