West Bengal: Leopard dies in accident
Jalpaiguri: A young female leopard was killed on Tuesday when a speeding car hit it near Gorumara National Park in Jalpaiguri district.
The leopard died on the spot after being hit by the car at Batabari area, Wildlife warden Seema Chowdhury said.
The animal was crossing the road when the car hit it, she said, adding, the car was running at a speed higher than 40 km per hour which is the stipulated speed for plying cars near the national park.
The car sped away after the accident, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Check Biharboard.bih.nic.in & Biharboard.ac.in for BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12th XII Intermediate Arts Result 2016 to be announced today - just an hour to go
- When Rajiv Gandhi explained features of a new Indian Navy ship to his parents-in-law
- Congolese's murder: VK Singh deputed to allay African envoys' concerns
- Kolkata civic body orders testing of bread samples
- Two journalists asked to leave army event as they didn't stand up during national anthem