West Bengal minister receives threat letter
Burdwan: West Bengal Agriculture Minister Malay Ghatak on Saturday said he had received a letter threatening to kill him and his family unless he resigned from the Cabinet and quit the Trinamool Congress.
"I saw the letter this evening. It was sent by post from Kharagpur in West Midnapore district on May 13 by N Rama Rao of Indian People`s Liberation Army," said Ghatak.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and the police have been informed about the matter, he said.
"The letter asked me to quit the party and resign from the Cabinet because of my closeness to Mamata Banerjee who they allege had a key role in the killing of Maoist leader Kishenji," Ghatak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'