West Bengal minister receives threat letter
Burdwan: West Bengal Agriculture Minister Malay Ghatak on Saturday said he had received a letter threatening to kill him and his family unless he resigned from the Cabinet and quit the Trinamool Congress.
"I saw the letter this evening. It was sent by post from Kharagpur in West Midnapore district on May 13 by N Rama Rao of Indian People`s Liberation Army," said Ghatak.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and the police have been informed about the matter, he said.
"The letter asked me to quit the party and resign from the Cabinet because of my closeness to Mamata Banerjee who they allege had a key role in the killing of Maoist leader Kishenji," Ghatak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city