West Bengal: Miraculous escape for child born inside a train toilet
Krishnanagar: In a bizarre incident, a woman delivered a child inside the toilet of a moving train and the newborn slipped down the outlet into the tracks but miraculously escaped unhurt.
Afroza Bibi with her pregnant daughter Rehani Bibi, a resident of Jhumka village in Murshidabad boarded the Lalgola passenger train. When the train reached Nadia district`s Palashi railway station, the women went to the toilet and delivered the baby, who slipped down the outlet this evening around 6.30 pm, railway officials said.
Upon hearing the cries of her daughter, Afroza rushed to the toilet and asked for help from passengers, who then stopped the train and rescued the newborn.\
Both the mother and child were immediately rushed to Mira Primary Health Centre at the railway station.
"The baby and mother are fit and safe now. But it is very miraculous that there was no injury marks on the new born baby`s body," a doctor attending to them said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY