West Bengal: Miraculous escape for child born inside a train toilet
Krishnanagar: In a bizarre incident, a woman delivered a child inside the toilet of a moving train and the newborn slipped down the outlet into the tracks but miraculously escaped unhurt.
Afroza Bibi with her pregnant daughter Rehani Bibi, a resident of Jhumka village in Murshidabad boarded the Lalgola passenger train. When the train reached Nadia district`s Palashi railway station, the women went to the toilet and delivered the baby, who slipped down the outlet this evening around 6.30 pm, railway officials said.
Upon hearing the cries of her daughter, Afroza rushed to the toilet and asked for help from passengers, who then stopped the train and rescued the newborn.\
Both the mother and child were immediately rushed to Mira Primary Health Centre at the railway station.
"The baby and mother are fit and safe now. But it is very miraculous that there was no injury marks on the new born baby`s body," a doctor attending to them said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress