West Bengal: Miraculous escape for child born inside a train toilet
Krishnanagar: In a bizarre incident, a woman delivered a child inside the toilet of a moving train and the newborn slipped down the outlet into the tracks but miraculously escaped unhurt.
Afroza Bibi with her pregnant daughter Rehani Bibi, a resident of Jhumka village in Murshidabad boarded the Lalgola passenger train. When the train reached Nadia district`s Palashi railway station, the women went to the toilet and delivered the baby, who slipped down the outlet this evening around 6.30 pm, railway officials said.
Upon hearing the cries of her daughter, Afroza rushed to the toilet and asked for help from passengers, who then stopped the train and rescued the newborn.\
Both the mother and child were immediately rushed to Mira Primary Health Centre at the railway station.
"The baby and mother are fit and safe now. But it is very miraculous that there was no injury marks on the new born baby`s body," a doctor attending to them said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged