West Bengal: Miraculous escape for child born inside a train toilet
Krishnanagar: In a bizarre incident, a woman delivered a child inside the toilet of a moving train and the newborn slipped down the outlet into the tracks but miraculously escaped unhurt.
Afroza Bibi with her pregnant daughter Rehani Bibi, a resident of Jhumka village in Murshidabad boarded the Lalgola passenger train. When the train reached Nadia district`s Palashi railway station, the women went to the toilet and delivered the baby, who slipped down the outlet this evening around 6.30 pm, railway officials said.
Upon hearing the cries of her daughter, Afroza rushed to the toilet and asked for help from passengers, who then stopped the train and rescued the newborn.\
Both the mother and child were immediately rushed to Mira Primary Health Centre at the railway station.
"The baby and mother are fit and safe now. But it is very miraculous that there was no injury marks on the new born baby`s body," a doctor attending to them said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!