West Bengal panchayat polls: 25 injured in clashes
Canning: At least 25 people, including two policemen were injured on Saturday when members of Trinamool Congress and RSP clashed over allegations of fraud during panchayat polls at Basanti in South 24-Parganas district, police said.
The clash broke out among the members of Trinamool Congress and RSP following allegations of fraud during panchayat polls which was held in the district yesterday, they said.
The injured were admitted to local hospitals at Basanti and Canning while the ones with serious injuries were shifted to Kolkata.
Meanwhile, re-polling will be held in six booths on July 23, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre