West Bengal panchayat polls: 25 injured in clashes
Canning: At least 25 people, including two policemen were injured on Saturday when members of Trinamool Congress and RSP clashed over allegations of fraud during panchayat polls at Basanti in South 24-Parganas district, police said.
The clash broke out among the members of Trinamool Congress and RSP following allegations of fraud during panchayat polls which was held in the district yesterday, they said.
The injured were admitted to local hospitals at Basanti and Canning while the ones with serious injuries were shifted to Kolkata.
Meanwhile, re-polling will be held in six booths on July 23, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad