West Bengal: Three killed by suspected Maoists
Kolkata: Three unidentified people were killed and one person was injured when suspected Maoists opened fire near a tea stall in West Bengal`s West Midnapore district, police said on Sunday.
The attack took place near Rameshwarpur area. Several people were also severely beaten up. The deceased are yet to be identified, Deputy Superintendent A Sarkar said.
Maoists are active in the three western districts of West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal