West Bengal: Three killed by suspected Maoists
Kolkata: Three unidentified people were killed and one person was injured when suspected Maoists opened fire near a tea stall in West Bengal`s West Midnapore district, police said on Sunday.
The attack took place near Rameshwarpur area. Several people were also severely beaten up. The deceased are yet to be identified, Deputy Superintendent A Sarkar said.
Maoists are active in the three western districts of West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference