West Bengal to install solar panels in schools, hospitals
Kolkata: The West Bengal government will start installing solar panels in 100 schools and hospitals across the state this November, state Environment Minister Sudarshan Ghosh Dastidar said on Thursday.
The initiative will cover 60 state-run schools and 40 rural hospitals in various districts, the minister said
"Right now we are carrying out field work and survey. The work will start on November 01 and will be completed in a year. As we see the results, we will branch out," Dastidar told a news agency.
The venture has been rolled out in collaboration with West Bengal Renewable Energy Development Agency and the state pollution control board.
The battery supported solar panel installations will target a generation of 5 KW of power each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption