West Bengal to install solar panels in schools, hospitals
Kolkata: The West Bengal government will start installing solar panels in 100 schools and hospitals across the state this November, state Environment Minister Sudarshan Ghosh Dastidar said on Thursday.
The initiative will cover 60 state-run schools and 40 rural hospitals in various districts, the minister said
"Right now we are carrying out field work and survey. The work will start on November 01 and will be completed in a year. As we see the results, we will branch out," Dastidar told a news agency.
The venture has been rolled out in collaboration with West Bengal Renewable Energy Development Agency and the state pollution control board.
The battery supported solar panel installations will target a generation of 5 KW of power each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan