West Bengal tops in child trafficking cases
New Delhi: West Bengal recorded over 800 cases of child trafficking - the highest in the country - during 2006-2010, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Thursday.
Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath told the upper house that a total of 2,546 child trafficking cases were reported across India during the period.
The state-wise list shows that West Bengal, with 885 cases, reported the highest number of such cases followed by Bihar with 455 and Andhra Pradesh with 260.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price