West Bengal tops in child trafficking cases
New Delhi: West Bengal recorded over 800 cases of child trafficking - the highest in the country - during 2006-2010, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Thursday.
Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath told the upper house that a total of 2,546 child trafficking cases were reported across India during the period.
The state-wise list shows that West Bengal, with 885 cases, reported the highest number of such cases followed by Bihar with 455 and Andhra Pradesh with 260.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur