West Bengal train mishap; toll rises to 66
Sainthia (WB): The toll in the train
collision at Sainthia station in Birbhum district rose to 66
today with three injured passengers of the Vananchal Express
succumbing to injuries at the Burdwan Medical College
Thirty-six injured persons had been referred to the
Burdwan Medical College Hospital from the Suri Sadar Hospital
in Birbhum district yesterday, Eastern Railway officials said
They said 28 bodies have been sent to Burdwan hospital
for preservation pending identification as the facility was
absent in the Suri Sadar Hospital.
Identification of the bodies was taking long because most
of the dead hailed from remote areas in Bihar, they said.
The Ranchi-bound Vananchal Express was hit from behind by
the Uttarbanga Express at Sainthia station yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory