West Bengal train mishap; toll rises to 66
Sainthia (WB): The toll in the train
collision at Sainthia station in Birbhum district rose to 66
today with three injured passengers of the Vananchal Express
succumbing to injuries at the Burdwan Medical College
Thirty-six injured persons had been referred to the
Burdwan Medical College Hospital from the Suri Sadar Hospital
in Birbhum district yesterday, Eastern Railway officials said
They said 28 bodies have been sent to Burdwan hospital
for preservation pending identification as the facility was
absent in the Suri Sadar Hospital.
Identification of the bodies was taking long because most
of the dead hailed from remote areas in Bihar, they said.
The Ranchi-bound Vananchal Express was hit from behind by
the Uttarbanga Express at Sainthia station yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors