West Bengal train mishap; toll rises to 66
Sainthia (WB): The toll in the train
collision at Sainthia station in Birbhum district rose to 66
today with three injured passengers of the Vananchal Express
succumbing to injuries at the Burdwan Medical College
Thirty-six injured persons had been referred to the
Burdwan Medical College Hospital from the Suri Sadar Hospital
in Birbhum district yesterday, Eastern Railway officials said
They said 28 bodies have been sent to Burdwan hospital
for preservation pending identification as the facility was
absent in the Suri Sadar Hospital.
Identification of the bodies was taking long because most
of the dead hailed from remote areas in Bihar, they said.
The Ranchi-bound Vananchal Express was hit from behind by
the Uttarbanga Express at Sainthia station yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Mandy Moore, Ryan Adams officially divorced
- Subramanian Swamy – Interesting facts about the firebrand politician
- What happened when Deepika Padukone met a boy who was disappointed over results! – Details inside
- Reliance Communications to use Jio's network from next week
- Three militants killed in encounter in north Kashmir