West Bengal train mishap; toll rises to 66
Sainthia (WB): The toll in the train
collision at Sainthia station in Birbhum district rose to 66
today with three injured passengers of the Vananchal Express
succumbing to injuries at the Burdwan Medical College
Thirty-six injured persons had been referred to the
Burdwan Medical College Hospital from the Suri Sadar Hospital
in Birbhum district yesterday, Eastern Railway officials said
They said 28 bodies have been sent to Burdwan hospital
for preservation pending identification as the facility was
absent in the Suri Sadar Hospital.
Identification of the bodies was taking long because most
of the dead hailed from remote areas in Bihar, they said.
The Ranchi-bound Vananchal Express was hit from behind by
the Uttarbanga Express at Sainthia station yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video