West Bengal: Twelve killed in mishap
Midnapore: Twelve people were killed and 15 injured when an oil tanker rammed into a Puri-bound tourist bus at Debra in West Midnapore district early Friday.
The bus had stopped at Debra for a while when the oil tanker hit it from behind, killing 12 passengers, including eight women, police said.
The bus was badly damaged in the mishap.
The passengers from Durgachak in East Midnapore district were going on a pilgrimage to Puri.
The injured passengers were sent to the Midnapore Sadar Hospital and the SSKM Hospital in Kolkata by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row