West Bengal: Twelve killed in mishap
Midnapore: Twelve people were killed and 15 injured when an oil tanker rammed into a Puri-bound tourist bus at Debra in West Midnapore district early Friday.
The bus had stopped at Debra for a while when the oil tanker hit it from behind, killing 12 passengers, including eight women, police said.
The bus was badly damaged in the mishap.
The passengers from Durgachak in East Midnapore district were going on a pilgrimage to Puri.
The injured passengers were sent to the Midnapore Sadar Hospital and the SSKM Hospital in Kolkata by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!