West Bengal`s longest flyover at Rs 255 crore in 2 years
Kolkata: A 7.5 km elevated road from Jinzira Bazar to Batanagar over the congested Budge Budge Trunk Road here would be built at a cost of Rs 255 crore.
The longest flyover in the state, to be built in PPP model, would be completed in two years, Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim said today.
A consortium of L&T and others emerged as the highest bidder in the project structured by Bengal Urban Infrastructure Development Ltd, a joint venture of Urban Development department, Government of West Bengal and IL&FS, he said.
On finance, Hakim said the project was sanctioned under the JNNURM Mission with a 35 per cent grant, while the balance including cost overrun would be borne by the private partner.
He said a concession agreement was expected to be signed in February 2014 before which the consortium would complete formation of a SPV.
To a question, Hakim said the state government would not be required to make any investment in the project.
The private partners would raise the entire cost in 32 years by imposing toll tax on the users of the flyover, to be built on BOT basis, he said.
The focus of the Concession Agreement for a period of 32 years was on ensuring a high quality service for users of both the elevated and surface road.
The flyover would bring relief to residents of Maheshtala, Budge Budge and Pujali, three fast growing urbanised municipal areas housing around 12 lakh people and a large segment of industries, the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?