Where is corruption, wonders minister
Kolkata: Where is corruption, Union Minority Affairs Minister K. Rahman Khan asked on Saturday. He said "coalgate or the 2G spectrum cases are mere presumptive losses".
"Where is corruption? The so-called coalgate or the 2G spectrum cases are mere presumptive losses," Khan told mediapersons Saturday.
"These are wild allegations and result of the propaganda by the opposition, which doesn`t want the government to function," he said.
The Congress leader also played down the anointment of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) prime ministerial nominee for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"It`s their internal matter, their prerogative to choose whoever they want. Why should we be bothered by that," said Khan.
He refused to comment when his own party would name its candidate.
Saying development has not reached a major percentage of the minority population in the country, Khan called for inclusive growth and urged state governments to take necessary steps in this regard.
In the city to take part in an event organised by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Khan, himself a chartered accountant, urged accountancy professionals to help the country fight the economic crisis.
He said the institute has formed a committee to study the current economic crisis and submit an interim report, suggesting fiscal and other reforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH