Where is corruption, wonders minister
Kolkata: Where is corruption, Union Minority Affairs Minister K. Rahman Khan asked on Saturday. He said "coalgate or the 2G spectrum cases are mere presumptive losses".
"Where is corruption? The so-called coalgate or the 2G spectrum cases are mere presumptive losses," Khan told mediapersons Saturday.
"These are wild allegations and result of the propaganda by the opposition, which doesn`t want the government to function," he said.
The Congress leader also played down the anointment of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) prime ministerial nominee for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"It`s their internal matter, their prerogative to choose whoever they want. Why should we be bothered by that," said Khan.
He refused to comment when his own party would name its candidate.
Saying development has not reached a major percentage of the minority population in the country, Khan called for inclusive growth and urged state governments to take necessary steps in this regard.
In the city to take part in an event organised by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Khan, himself a chartered accountant, urged accountancy professionals to help the country fight the economic crisis.
He said the institute has formed a committee to study the current economic crisis and submit an interim report, suggesting fiscal and other reforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof