Wife handed over husband`s body 8-months after accident
Burdwan: A woman was on Monday handed over the body of her husband eight months after he died in the train accident at Sainthia in West Bengal`s Birbhum district in which 66 people were killed, Government Railway Police (GRP) sources said here.
Bhola Shah (56), a businessman and resident of Arah district of Bihar, was travelling in the Vananchal Express from Bhagalpur to Ranchi when Uttar Banga Express rammed into it at the Sainthia railway station on July 19, 2010 in which
66 people were killed and over 100 injured.
After hearing the news of the accident, Shah`s wife Gangajali Devi went to Sainthia and identified her husband`s body but the GRP authorities refused to hand-over it due to lack of evidence.
She then filed a case in a court demanding her husband`s body.
On March 24, the court of Additional Session Judge ordered the GRP to hand over Shah`s body to Gangajali Devi.
After receiving the court`s order, the GRP today went to the morgue of the Burdwan Medical College Hospital and handed over the body of Shah to Gangajala Devi, the GRP sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal