Will Mamata dub President also as Maoist: CPI(M)
Kolkata: Taking a jibe at Mamata Banerjee, CPI(M) on Tuesday wondered whether the West Bengal Chief Minister, who had dubbed Kamduni villagers protesting the rape of a girl student as `Maoists`, would level the same allegation against the President for meeting them.
"She had earlier called protesters at Kamduni Maoists. She has this habit of calling protesters Maoists. A day may come that our chief minister might call our President a Maoist for meeting the Kamduni villagers," Suryakanta Mishra, the Leader of the Opposition, said.
The villagers of Kamduni had met President Pranab Mukherjee in Delhi yesterday demanding a CBI inquiry into the brutal gang-rape and murder of a college student on July 7 at in Barasat area of North 24 Parganas district, adjoining Kolkata.
Mishra also criticised the state government for the alleged attack on Union minister of state Abu Hasem Khan Choudhury in Malda during the day.
"If a union minister is not safe in Bengal, then you can understand what the condition of law and order in the state is," Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP