Will publish posters against CPI(M) canards: Mamata
Panihati: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday mocked her predecessor Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee`s comment that the former Left Front regime had kept chit funds at bay and promised to publish `posters` against canards by the Marxist party.
"Kept them at bay? But rubbed shoulders with them! Whose photo is this?" Banerjee asked dramatically at a Trinamool Congress rally here in North 24 Parganas, showing a photo purported to be of Bhattacharjee with a chit fund owner.
She then asked the audience repeatedly, "Whose photo is this? Whose photo is this?
"Buddha," the crowd shouted back.
"The more you spread canards, the more posters we will bring out," she warned.
She also displayed a photo of late former CPI(M) sports minister Subhas Chakraborty saying, "There are many photos.
"If they show us one photo we will show them 500," she said at the rally held at the same spot where her predecessor had held a CPI(M) one recently.
"I am a thief. My family are thieves. My party is a thief. You are all saints," she said, displaying Saradha Group advertisements in CPI(M) mouthpiece `Ganasakti` and `Dial`, a telephone directory brought out by the Marxist party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley