Wipro settles land deal with West Bengal for second unit
Kolkata: IT giant Wipro today settled the
land issue with the West Bengal government for its second unit
near Kolkata and would buy 50 acre at Rs 75 crore.
Chairman of Wipro Azim Premji after meeting Chief
Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee here, said, "We have settled
the land issue with the government."
The land price was fixed at Rs 1.5 crore per acre.
Both Wipro and Infosys were earlier provided land at West
Bengal`s much-touted IT township called Vedic village, but the
project was scrapped after it ran into controversy.
Later, both Wipro and Infosys were offered alternate land
in New Town in Rajarhat near the metropolis but Infosys is yet
to respond to the offer.
Wipro is already running a BPO and technology centre
at Salt Lake sector five.
Premji said that work on the project would start in 18
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Batla House encounter was not fake: Shivraj Patil
- Ekadanta Sankashti Chaturthi Vrat—Significance, Tithi and Timings!
- Guru Granth Sahib desecration in Faridkot: Provide information, get Rs 10 lakh from CBI - Here are details
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be announced soon
- Check Mahresults.nic.in for HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board, MSBSHSE class 12th XII Exam Results 2016