Woman allegedly raped and murdered in Bengal`s Burdwan district
Burdwan: A woman was on Thursday allegedly raped and murdered in West Bengal`s Burdwan district, police said.
The incident came to light when locals after hearing wailing of a boy reached Jajigram`s Sipahighat area and found him in front of his 32-year-old mother`s body, police said.
The police, quoting the minor son, said the woman was lured by another person from Murshidabad.
They doubt that the woman had illicit relation with the man.
According to initial evidence, the woman was raped, but Superintendent of Police SMH Mirza who reached the spot, said the exact cause of the murder will be ascertained after the post mortem report.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference