Woman alleges doctor`s negligence for baby death
Krishnagar: A woman in Nadia district has alleged that negligence on the part of doctor at a government hospital in the district was responsible for the death of her newborn baby, police sources said.
Shikha Biwas lodged an FIR with Kotwali police station saying, that during cesarean operation of her daughter Shampa Das (25) of Halalpur the newborn baby of Shampa received an injury in the head from the doctor`s knife due to the alleged
negligence of the doctor of Shaktinagar District Hospital on Sunday.
The newborn died yesterday from the injury, Biswas alleged.
The Hospital Superintendent Kajal Mandal said "the newborn baby had received an injury at the time of operation that occurred at 9.30 pm on August 21 and died at 10.30 pm next day."
However, doctor P K Roy, who performed the operation claimed "that the lights went off in the OT during the operation for a while and the newborn baby received a injury due to sudden darkness. The baby`s head was stitched and saline and oxygen were given but the baby died on Monday night."
The Hospital Superintendent said, they would inquire into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...