Woman alleges doctor`s negligence for baby death
Krishnagar: A woman in Nadia district has alleged that negligence on the part of doctor at a government hospital in the district was responsible for the death of her newborn baby, police sources said.
Shikha Biwas lodged an FIR with Kotwali police station saying, that during cesarean operation of her daughter Shampa Das (25) of Halalpur the newborn baby of Shampa received an injury in the head from the doctor`s knife due to the alleged
negligence of the doctor of Shaktinagar District Hospital on Sunday.
The newborn died yesterday from the injury, Biswas alleged.
The Hospital Superintendent Kajal Mandal said "the newborn baby had received an injury at the time of operation that occurred at 9.30 pm on August 21 and died at 10.30 pm next day."
However, doctor P K Roy, who performed the operation claimed "that the lights went off in the OT during the operation for a while and the newborn baby received a injury due to sudden darkness. The baby`s head was stitched and saline and oxygen were given but the baby died on Monday night."
The Hospital Superintendent said, they would inquire into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?