Woman alleges doctor`s negligence for baby death
Krishnagar: A woman in Nadia district has alleged that negligence on the part of doctor at a government hospital in the district was responsible for the death of her newborn baby, police sources said.
Shikha Biwas lodged an FIR with Kotwali police station saying, that during cesarean operation of her daughter Shampa Das (25) of Halalpur the newborn baby of Shampa received an injury in the head from the doctor`s knife due to the alleged
negligence of the doctor of Shaktinagar District Hospital on Sunday.
The newborn died yesterday from the injury, Biswas alleged.
The Hospital Superintendent Kajal Mandal said "the newborn baby had received an injury at the time of operation that occurred at 9.30 pm on August 21 and died at 10.30 pm next day."
However, doctor P K Roy, who performed the operation claimed "that the lights went off in the OT during the operation for a while and the newborn baby received a injury due to sudden darkness. The baby`s head was stitched and saline and oxygen were given but the baby died on Monday night."
The Hospital Superintendent said, they would inquire into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply