Woman alleges gangrape in Kolkata
Kolkata: A 30-year-old woman has filed a police complaint that she was abducted by at least five people and gangraped here, police said Monday.
"The victim, who works as a medical attendant, was returning home when she was forcibly picked up from Chetla in south Kolkata by around five men in a vehicle and was gangraped by at least two persons," Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) DP Singh said.
The incident happened Saturday evening when the woman was returning to her home in Tollygunj. A vehicle stopped near her and two men came out and sought her service as a medical attendant, police said.
On her refusal, the men allegedly forced her into the vehicle and took her to a house and gangraped her. The victim lodged a police complaint Sunday.
"A medical test of the woman has been conducted. We are awaiting the report. We are yet to make any arrest," said Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'