Woman alleges gangrape in Kolkata
Kolkata: A 30-year-old woman has filed a police complaint that she was abducted by at least five people and gangraped here, police said Monday.
"The victim, who works as a medical attendant, was returning home when she was forcibly picked up from Chetla in south Kolkata by around five men in a vehicle and was gangraped by at least two persons," Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) DP Singh said.
The incident happened Saturday evening when the woman was returning to her home in Tollygunj. A vehicle stopped near her and two men came out and sought her service as a medical attendant, police said.
On her refusal, the men allegedly forced her into the vehicle and took her to a house and gangraped her. The victim lodged a police complaint Sunday.
"A medical test of the woman has been conducted. We are awaiting the report. We are yet to make any arrest," said Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!