Woman alleges gangrape in Kolkata
Kolkata: A 30-year-old woman has filed a police complaint that she was abducted by at least five people and gangraped here, police said Monday.
"The victim, who works as a medical attendant, was returning home when she was forcibly picked up from Chetla in south Kolkata by around five men in a vehicle and was gangraped by at least two persons," Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) DP Singh said.
The incident happened Saturday evening when the woman was returning to her home in Tollygunj. A vehicle stopped near her and two men came out and sought her service as a medical attendant, police said.
On her refusal, the men allegedly forced her into the vehicle and took her to a house and gangraped her. The victim lodged a police complaint Sunday.
"A medical test of the woman has been conducted. We are awaiting the report. We are yet to make any arrest," said Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends