Woman branded witch thrown pushed on funeral pyre
Pakur: An elderly woman suffered
burn injuries when she was allegedly pushed on a funeral pyre
in Pakur’s Hiranpur Block after villagers branded her as
witch, the police said here today.
Some persons, who joined the cremation of a child after
he died of illness yesterday, spotted the 75-year-old woman at
the funeral ground and attacked her with a stick before
lifting her into the pyre, they said.
She was rescued by others from the flames of the pyre,
police said adding that the woman has suffered 30 per cent
burn injuries and has been admitted to a hospital here.
An FIR has been filed in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured