Woman branded witch thrown pushed on funeral pyre
Pakur: An elderly woman suffered
burn injuries when she was allegedly pushed on a funeral pyre
in Pakur’s Hiranpur Block after villagers branded her as
witch, the police said here today.
Some persons, who joined the cremation of a child after
he died of illness yesterday, spotted the 75-year-old woman at
the funeral ground and attacked her with a stick before
lifting her into the pyre, they said.
She was rescued by others from the flames of the pyre,
police said adding that the woman has suffered 30 per cent
burn injuries and has been admitted to a hospital here.
An FIR has been filed in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS