Woman branded witch thrown pushed on funeral pyre
Pakur: An elderly woman suffered
burn injuries when she was allegedly pushed on a funeral pyre
in Pakur’s Hiranpur Block after villagers branded her as
witch, the police said here today.
Some persons, who joined the cremation of a child after
he died of illness yesterday, spotted the 75-year-old woman at
the funeral ground and attacked her with a stick before
lifting her into the pyre, they said.
She was rescued by others from the flames of the pyre,
police said adding that the woman has suffered 30 per cent
burn injuries and has been admitted to a hospital here.
An FIR has been filed in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing