Woman branded witch thrown pushed on funeral pyre
Pakur: An elderly woman suffered
burn injuries when she was allegedly pushed on a funeral pyre
in Pakur’s Hiranpur Block after villagers branded her as
witch, the police said here today.
Some persons, who joined the cremation of a child after
he died of illness yesterday, spotted the 75-year-old woman at
the funeral ground and attacked her with a stick before
lifting her into the pyre, they said.
She was rescued by others from the flames of the pyre,
police said adding that the woman has suffered 30 per cent
burn injuries and has been admitted to a hospital here.
An FIR has been filed in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections
- Turkish soldier killed in clash with Kurdish militants - security sources
- Amitabh Bachchan set to return as the 'angry man' in 'Sarkar 3'
- Has somebody blocked you on WhatsApp? Know how to unblock yourself