Woman branded witch thrown pushed on funeral pyre
Pakur: An elderly woman suffered
burn injuries when she was allegedly pushed on a funeral pyre
in Pakur’s Hiranpur Block after villagers branded her as
witch, the police said here today.
Some persons, who joined the cremation of a child after
he died of illness yesterday, spotted the 75-year-old woman at
the funeral ground and attacked her with a stick before
lifting her into the pyre, they said.
She was rescued by others from the flames of the pyre,
police said adding that the woman has suffered 30 per cent
burn injuries and has been admitted to a hospital here.
An FIR has been filed in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video