Woman claims rape by five persons on Park Street
Kolkata: An Anglo-Indian woman has filed a
complaint with the police that she was allegedly raped while
returning from a night club on Park Street in central Kolkata
and that police did not cooperate with her.
The victim, who registered her complaint four days after
she was allegedly raped when she took a lift in a car while
returning from the night club on February five, said in the
complaint that she was also threatened at gunpoint by the five
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Damayanti Sen said
today that the victim, who was in a state of trauma, had gone
to the police on February nine, four days after the alleged
Asked about the woman`s complaint of misbehaviour by the
police at the police station, Sen said, "If there is a
complaint against any police officer, it will be looked into
and action taken."
Sen said as per court order, the victim was taken for
medical examination on February 10 and hospital authorities
called for a medico-legal test by forensic experts, which
caused a delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site