Woman dies after gangrape in West Bengal
Barasat: Close on the heels of the gangrape of a woman at Park Street in Kolkata, a middle aged woman died after she was raped allegedly by a truck driver and
his helper in the city`s adjoining Baranagar area under North 24-Parganas district, police said on Saturday.
Ragpicker Munia Das, mother of two sons and a daughter, was dragged into a truck from near her slum by the duo at about 3 am on Friday.
She was found in an unconscious state near the Bally bridge by locals, who admitted her to the Uttarpara general hospital. She died last night, Barrackpore Police Commissioner Sanjay Mukherjee said.
In her dying statement to police, the victim had said that she had been raped by a truck driver and his helper after being lifted from near her slum.
The victim`s eldest son Ratan Das (18) had lodged an FIR with the police.
A special team was constituted to investigate the incident, Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried