Woman dies after gangrape in West Bengal
Barasat: Close on the heels of the gangrape of a woman at Park Street in Kolkata, a middle aged woman died after she was raped allegedly by a truck driver and
his helper in the city`s adjoining Baranagar area under North 24-Parganas district, police said on Saturday.
Ragpicker Munia Das, mother of two sons and a daughter, was dragged into a truck from near her slum by the duo at about 3 am on Friday.
She was found in an unconscious state near the Bally bridge by locals, who admitted her to the Uttarpara general hospital. She died last night, Barrackpore Police Commissioner Sanjay Mukherjee said.
In her dying statement to police, the victim had said that she had been raped by a truck driver and his helper after being lifted from near her slum.
The victim`s eldest son Ratan Das (18) had lodged an FIR with the police.
A special team was constituted to investigate the incident, Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda