Woman dies after gangrape in West Bengal
Barasat: Close on the heels of the gangrape of a woman at Park Street in Kolkata, a middle aged woman died after she was raped allegedly by a truck driver and
his helper in the city`s adjoining Baranagar area under North 24-Parganas district, police said on Saturday.
Ragpicker Munia Das, mother of two sons and a daughter, was dragged into a truck from near her slum by the duo at about 3 am on Friday.
She was found in an unconscious state near the Bally bridge by locals, who admitted her to the Uttarpara general hospital. She died last night, Barrackpore Police Commissioner Sanjay Mukherjee said.
In her dying statement to police, the victim had said that she had been raped by a truck driver and his helper after being lifted from near her slum.
The victim`s eldest son Ratan Das (18) had lodged an FIR with the police.
A special team was constituted to investigate the incident, Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi