Woman dies after gangrape in West Bengal
Barasat: Close on the heels of the gangrape of a woman at Park Street in Kolkata, a middle aged woman died after she was raped allegedly by a truck driver and
his helper in the city`s adjoining Baranagar area under North 24-Parganas district, police said on Saturday.
Ragpicker Munia Das, mother of two sons and a daughter, was dragged into a truck from near her slum by the duo at about 3 am on Friday.
She was found in an unconscious state near the Bally bridge by locals, who admitted her to the Uttarpara general hospital. She died last night, Barrackpore Police Commissioner Sanjay Mukherjee said.
In her dying statement to police, the victim had said that she had been raped by a truck driver and his helper after being lifted from near her slum.
The victim`s eldest son Ratan Das (18) had lodged an FIR with the police.
A special team was constituted to investigate the incident, Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read