Woman from West Bengal raped by three men in Thane
Thane: A 26-year-old married woman belonging to West Bengal was allegedly raped by three persons, including a lodge manager, here, police said on Sunday.
The woman, hailing from Makkad Shed in Kajiwada district of WB, was staying at a lodge in Kalyan where two of lodge`s staff and its manager allegedly raped her repeatedly in her room for the last 15 days, she mentioned in her complaint, Mahatma Phule police station inspector VD Bhise said.
She came to Mumbai about a fortnight back along with her husband who was to get a job here and was allegedly raped at the lodge while her husband went out for work, Bhise said.
The accused, identified as - Rajiv Roy, Pradeep, and Prakash - have been booked under Section 376 (rape) of IPC and also sections 3,4 and 5 of the PITA Act of 1956, police said adding that search was on to nab the three who have been absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth