Woman gangraped in Bengal, minor among four arrested
Kolkata: A housewife was allegedly gangraped in West Bengal`s Howrah district. While the victim has been hospitalised, four people, including a minor, have been arrested, police said Thursday.
"The 30-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped Tuesday evening. We have arrested four people, including a minor, in connection with the incident," said a police officer.
"Three accused were remanded in judicial custody by a court while the minor has been sent to a juvenile home," said a public prosecutor.
According to police, the woman was returning after meeting her undertrial husband lodged in the Howrah District Correctional Home (jail). The accused forcibly took the woman to a secluded place where they allegedly gangraped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh