Woman gangraped in Bengal, minor among four arrested
Kolkata: A housewife was allegedly gangraped in West Bengal`s Howrah district. While the victim has been hospitalised, four people, including a minor, have been arrested, police said Thursday.
"The 30-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped Tuesday evening. We have arrested four people, including a minor, in connection with the incident," said a police officer.
"Three accused were remanded in judicial custody by a court while the minor has been sent to a juvenile home," said a public prosecutor.
According to police, the woman was returning after meeting her undertrial husband lodged in the Howrah District Correctional Home (jail). The accused forcibly took the woman to a secluded place where they allegedly gangraped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon