Woman gangraped in Bengal, minor among four arrested
Kolkata: A housewife was allegedly gangraped in West Bengal`s Howrah district. While the victim has been hospitalised, four people, including a minor, have been arrested, police said Thursday.
"The 30-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped Tuesday evening. We have arrested four people, including a minor, in connection with the incident," said a police officer.
"Three accused were remanded in judicial custody by a court while the minor has been sent to a juvenile home," said a public prosecutor.
According to police, the woman was returning after meeting her undertrial husband lodged in the Howrah District Correctional Home (jail). The accused forcibly took the woman to a secluded place where they allegedly gangraped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik