Woman gangraped in Bengal, minor among four arrested
Kolkata: A housewife was allegedly gangraped in West Bengal`s Howrah district. While the victim has been hospitalised, four people, including a minor, have been arrested, police said Thursday.
"The 30-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped Tuesday evening. We have arrested four people, including a minor, in connection with the incident," said a police officer.
"Three accused were remanded in judicial custody by a court while the minor has been sent to a juvenile home," said a public prosecutor.
According to police, the woman was returning after meeting her undertrial husband lodged in the Howrah District Correctional Home (jail). The accused forcibly took the woman to a secluded place where they allegedly gangraped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dear ladies, Women's Online Shopping Festival is here to pamper you
- Twitter explodes with reactions over Kanhaiya Kumar touching Lalu's feet - Viral picture inside
- Gold price at 15-month high, rises further to Rs 30,330 per 10 grams
- Know who is vulnerable to online dating scams
- VIDEO: Maiden over & 5 wickets! Watch Mohammad Amir's sensational last over vs Australia!