Woman gangraped in Bengal, minor among four arrested
Kolkata: A housewife was allegedly gangraped in West Bengal`s Howrah district. While the victim has been hospitalised, four people, including a minor, have been arrested, police said Thursday.
"The 30-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped Tuesday evening. We have arrested four people, including a minor, in connection with the incident," said a police officer.
"Three accused were remanded in judicial custody by a court while the minor has been sent to a juvenile home," said a public prosecutor.
According to police, the woman was returning after meeting her undertrial husband lodged in the Howrah District Correctional Home (jail). The accused forcibly took the woman to a secluded place where they allegedly gangraped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested