Woman journalist shot and injured in Arunachal
Itanagar: A woman journalist was shot at by unknown gunmen and critically injured on Sunday when she was entering her office here in Arunachal Pradesh.
Gunmen shot journalist Tongam Rina of the Arunachal Times from close range when she was entering her office at about 6.15 pm, police said.
Thirty-four-year-old Rina is the associate editor of Arunachal Times, a popular daily and the first English newspaper of the state owned by former chief minister Gegong Apang.
Her backbone and intestines were affected by the bullets, police said.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki rushed to the Ramakrishna Mission Hospital where she is undergoing an operation.
The police have launched a manhunt to arrest the culprits, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living