Woman molested, father beaten up in WB
Suri (WB): A woman was molested on Monday by some unidentified men in the presence of her father, who was beaten up near the main market here in Birbhum district which led to the street protest, police said.
The miscreants also assaulted those, who have rescued the woman from their clutches, police said.
The incident sparked protests as local residents, including women gathered at the Suri police station and demanded the immediate arrest of the molesters, they said.
Protesters blocked Suri-Rampurhat road for nearly two hours and burnt tyres and bamboos.
The blockade was lifted after Additional Superintendent of Police, Debasmita Das intervened and promised action against culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference