Woman raped in West Bengal, mob stones police vehicle
Krishnanagar (WB): A day after a class IV girl was brutalised at Kaliganj, a woman was on Sunday allegedly raped at Nakashipara in Nadia district triggering mob protest in the area.
Two cops were injured as a mob stoned the force and ransacked the vehicle of the local outpost and reinforcements had to be sent demanding immediate security measures for local women and girls, police said.
The woman, a resident of Dogachhi locality in the district, was way back home after taking bath in Jalangi when a youth of neighbouring Kalabaga pocket dragged her to a bush and allegedly raped her and then tried to strangulate as she identified the youth, they said.
But the woman managed to wriggle out and rushed to village and narrated the whole story to villagers, they added.
Police said the accused was absconding.
The incident came close on the heels of the rape of a 10-year-old girl in Krisnaganj of the same district when she was way back from school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II