Woman raped in West Bengal, mob stones police vehicle
Krishnanagar (WB): A day after a class IV girl was brutalised at Kaliganj, a woman was on Sunday allegedly raped at Nakashipara in Nadia district triggering mob protest in the area.
Two cops were injured as a mob stoned the force and ransacked the vehicle of the local outpost and reinforcements had to be sent demanding immediate security measures for local women and girls, police said.
The woman, a resident of Dogachhi locality in the district, was way back home after taking bath in Jalangi when a youth of neighbouring Kalabaga pocket dragged her to a bush and allegedly raped her and then tried to strangulate as she identified the youth, they said.
But the woman managed to wriggle out and rushed to village and narrated the whole story to villagers, they added.
Police said the accused was absconding.
The incident came close on the heels of the rape of a 10-year-old girl in Krisnaganj of the same district when she was way back from school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days