Woman raped in West Bengal, mob stones police vehicle
Krishnanagar (WB): A day after a class IV girl was brutalised at Kaliganj, a woman was on Sunday allegedly raped at Nakashipara in Nadia district triggering mob protest in the area.
Two cops were injured as a mob stoned the force and ransacked the vehicle of the local outpost and reinforcements had to be sent demanding immediate security measures for local women and girls, police said.
The woman, a resident of Dogachhi locality in the district, was way back home after taking bath in Jalangi when a youth of neighbouring Kalabaga pocket dragged her to a bush and allegedly raped her and then tried to strangulate as she identified the youth, they said.
But the woman managed to wriggle out and rushed to village and narrated the whole story to villagers, they added.
Police said the accused was absconding.
The incident came close on the heels of the rape of a 10-year-old girl in Krisnaganj of the same district when she was way back from school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says