Woman raped, killed by father-in-law in Bengal
Bardhaman: A woman was allegedly raped and killed by her 62-year-old father-in-law in Bardhaman district, police said on Sunday.
Rakhi, 20, was found hanging yesterday in her Sordanga village home where she was living with her father-in-law Hara Govinda Banerjee as her husband stayed in Bangalore, they said.
The mother of the victim lodged an FIR with the police alleging her daughter Rakhi called up yesterday afternoon and told her that Banerjee had raped her, police said.
The mother said that later in the day she came to know through Rakhi`s neighbours that she was found hanging, they said.
Taking advantage of the absence of his son Sanjiv, Banerjee, a retired Kolkata Police personnel, raped Rakhi and then killed her when she informed her mother, police said.
Based on the complaint, Banerjee has been arrested and a probe is on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack