Woman raped, killed by father-in-law in Bengal
Bardhaman: A woman was allegedly raped and killed by her 62-year-old father-in-law in Bardhaman district, police said on Sunday.
Rakhi, 20, was found hanging yesterday in her Sordanga village home where she was living with her father-in-law Hara Govinda Banerjee as her husband stayed in Bangalore, they said.
The mother of the victim lodged an FIR with the police alleging her daughter Rakhi called up yesterday afternoon and told her that Banerjee had raped her, police said.
The mother said that later in the day she came to know through Rakhi`s neighbours that she was found hanging, they said.
Taking advantage of the absence of his son Sanjiv, Banerjee, a retired Kolkata Police personnel, raped Rakhi and then killed her when she informed her mother, police said.
Based on the complaint, Banerjee has been arrested and a probe is on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?