Woman wanted for trafficking held at Kolkata airport
Kolkata: A woman, wanted for allegedly
trafficking girls to East Asian countries, has been arrested
on arrival from Bangkok at the international airport here.
Jyoti Rana alias Nisha Sharma alias Meherunnisa of Delhi
was detained Sunday evening for producing forged passport after
she got down from the Air India Express Bangkok-Kolkata
flight, airport sources said.
During interrogation, security personnel found that she
has two separate identities and had also been charged with
involvement in trafficking Indian girls to Malayasia and other
Police were also examining if the 37-year old woman had
any links with terrorist outfits, an official said.
Rana was later arrested by the immigration and handed
over to the airport police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened