Woman wanted for trafficking held at Kolkata airport
Kolkata: A woman, wanted for allegedly
trafficking girls to East Asian countries, has been arrested
on arrival from Bangkok at the international airport here.
Jyoti Rana alias Nisha Sharma alias Meherunnisa of Delhi
was detained Sunday evening for producing forged passport after
she got down from the Air India Express Bangkok-Kolkata
flight, airport sources said.
During interrogation, security personnel found that she
has two separate identities and had also been charged with
involvement in trafficking Indian girls to Malayasia and other
Police were also examining if the 37-year old woman had
any links with terrorist outfits, an official said.
Rana was later arrested by the immigration and handed
over to the airport police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption