Woman wanted for trafficking held at Kolkata airport
Kolkata: A woman, wanted for allegedly
trafficking girls to East Asian countries, has been arrested
on arrival from Bangkok at the international airport here.
Jyoti Rana alias Nisha Sharma alias Meherunnisa of Delhi
was detained Sunday evening for producing forged passport after
she got down from the Air India Express Bangkok-Kolkata
flight, airport sources said.
During interrogation, security personnel found that she
has two separate identities and had also been charged with
involvement in trafficking Indian girls to Malayasia and other
Police were also examining if the 37-year old woman had
any links with terrorist outfits, an official said.
Rana was later arrested by the immigration and handed
over to the airport police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie