Woman wanted for trafficking held at Kolkata airport
Kolkata: A woman, wanted for allegedly
trafficking girls to East Asian countries, has been arrested
on arrival from Bangkok at the international airport here.
Jyoti Rana alias Nisha Sharma alias Meherunnisa of Delhi
was detained Sunday evening for producing forged passport after
she got down from the Air India Express Bangkok-Kolkata
flight, airport sources said.
During interrogation, security personnel found that she
has two separate identities and had also been charged with
involvement in trafficking Indian girls to Malayasia and other
Police were also examining if the 37-year old woman had
any links with terrorist outfits, an official said.
Rana was later arrested by the immigration and handed
over to the airport police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'