Woman`s death triggers mob fury at maternity home
Burdwan (WB): Following the death of a pregnant woman, a mob ransacked a maternity home and beat up the staff in Burdwan district on Sunday.
Police said Sipra Ghosh of Bankura, Kotulpur died during second blood transfusion in the labour room of the private health utility situated in Burdwan town.
Soon a mob gathered and damaged furnitures and assaulted the employees present.
The still born baby was found to be dead.
Police later dispersed the crowd.
Nursing home authorities claimed the death was not caused due to negligence and the woman was afflicted with low haemoglobin count.
Police said the CMOH has been informed and any follow-up action would depend on the post-mortem report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa