Woman`s death triggers mob fury at maternity home
Burdwan (WB): Following the death of a pregnant woman, a mob ransacked a maternity home and beat up the staff in Burdwan district on Sunday.
Police said Sipra Ghosh of Bankura, Kotulpur died during second blood transfusion in the labour room of the private health utility situated in Burdwan town.
Soon a mob gathered and damaged furnitures and assaulted the employees present.
The still born baby was found to be dead.
Police later dispersed the crowd.
Nursing home authorities claimed the death was not caused due to negligence and the woman was afflicted with low haemoglobin count.
Police said the CMOH has been informed and any follow-up action would depend on the post-mortem report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list