Women lodges molestation complaint against TMC leader
Tamluk: A woman has lodged a police complaint against a Trinamool Congress leader of Moyna Block in East Midnapore district alleging that he molested her and set her shop on fire.
The woman a resident of Parmanandapur village in Moyna Block in her police complaint alleged that after she voted in the elections to the Suktantu Vidyapaith on Sunday last in favour of the CPI(M) supported candidate, Subrata Malakar, vice-president of Moyna Block of Trinamool Congress leader was angry with her and threatened her.
She further alleged that the Malakar and his supporters ransacked her shop, looted the money and molested her.
Police sources said they have received the complaint and are investigating the matter.
On Sunday 12 persons were injured when two rival groups clashed during the election to elect the managing committee members of the Sukantu Vidyapith.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill