Women lodges molestation complaint against TMC leader
Tamluk: A woman has lodged a police complaint against a Trinamool Congress leader of Moyna Block in East Midnapore district alleging that he molested her and set her shop on fire.
The woman a resident of Parmanandapur village in Moyna Block in her police complaint alleged that after she voted in the elections to the Suktantu Vidyapaith on Sunday last in favour of the CPI(M) supported candidate, Subrata Malakar, vice-president of Moyna Block of Trinamool Congress leader was angry with her and threatened her.
She further alleged that the Malakar and his supporters ransacked her shop, looted the money and molested her.
Police sources said they have received the complaint and are investigating the matter.
On Sunday 12 persons were injured when two rival groups clashed during the election to elect the managing committee members of the Sukantu Vidyapith.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan