Women to have 10 percent reservation in Kolkata Police
Kolkata: The West Bengal cabinet Friday passed a proposal to reserve 10 percent of jobs in Kolkata Police for women.
The jobs-reservation will initially be applicable only to the city police department, but subsequently it will be extended to the state police personnel, and cover even the areas affected by Maoist activity.
"According to a proposal by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, a reservation of 10 percent will be given to women for various posts under Kolkata Police," state industries and commerce minister Partha Chatterjee said here.
He also said the benefit will be extended to posts under the state police, and cover areas like Junglemahal, affected by Maoist activity.
"Initially the reservation to women will be available only to the Kolkata Police but we have plans to extend it sooner or later, to police operating in areas like Junglemahal," said Chatterjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday