Women to have 10 percent reservation in Kolkata Police
Kolkata: The West Bengal cabinet Friday passed a proposal to reserve 10 percent of jobs in Kolkata Police for women.
The jobs-reservation will initially be applicable only to the city police department, but subsequently it will be extended to the state police personnel, and cover even the areas affected by Maoist activity.
"According to a proposal by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, a reservation of 10 percent will be given to women for various posts under Kolkata Police," state industries and commerce minister Partha Chatterjee said here.
He also said the benefit will be extended to posts under the state police, and cover areas like Junglemahal, affected by Maoist activity.
"Initially the reservation to women will be available only to the Kolkata Police but we have plans to extend it sooner or later, to police operating in areas like Junglemahal," said Chatterjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video