Women`s Commission team meets rape victim
Howrah (WB): A team of the West Bengal State Women`s Commission on Friday met the woman who was allegedly raped at Santragachi in Howrah district and refused help by the police.
Led by chairperson Sunanda Mukherjee, a six-member SWC team went to Howrah District Hospital and visited the woman who was admitted there.
"We visited the rape victim woman in hospital," Mukherjee told PTI.
Later the team, which included SWC member secretary Samarendranath Koley, also called on Howrah Commissioner of Police Ajay Mukund Ranade and talked to him about the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'