Women`s Commission team meets rape victim
Howrah (WB): A team of the West Bengal State Women`s Commission on Friday met the woman who was allegedly raped at Santragachi in Howrah district and refused help by the police.
Led by chairperson Sunanda Mukherjee, a six-member SWC team went to Howrah District Hospital and visited the woman who was admitted there.
"We visited the rape victim woman in hospital," Mukherjee told PTI.
Later the team, which included SWC member secretary Samarendranath Koley, also called on Howrah Commissioner of Police Ajay Mukund Ranade and talked to him about the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed