Women`s Commission team meets rape victim
Howrah (WB): A team of the West Bengal State Women`s Commission on Friday met the woman who was allegedly raped at Santragachi in Howrah district and refused help by the police.
Led by chairperson Sunanda Mukherjee, a six-member SWC team went to Howrah District Hospital and visited the woman who was admitted there.
"We visited the rape victim woman in hospital," Mukherjee told PTI.
Later the team, which included SWC member secretary Samarendranath Koley, also called on Howrah Commissioner of Police Ajay Mukund Ranade and talked to him about the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi