Women`s Commission team meets rape victim
Howrah (WB): A team of the West Bengal State Women`s Commission on Friday met the woman who was allegedly raped at Santragachi in Howrah district and refused help by the police.
Led by chairperson Sunanda Mukherjee, a six-member SWC team went to Howrah District Hospital and visited the woman who was admitted there.
"We visited the rape victim woman in hospital," Mukherjee told PTI.
Later the team, which included SWC member secretary Samarendranath Koley, also called on Howrah Commissioner of Police Ajay Mukund Ranade and talked to him about the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state