`Won`t allow eviction of slum dwellers by realtors`
Kolkata: CPI(M) veteran Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee today said the Left would not allow eviction of slum dwellers by realtors for setting up malls and buildings.
"We will not allow eviction of slums dwellers. We will stop it at any cost. The government has to take care of the development of slum dwellers," he said.
At the first meeting of West Bengal Slum Development Samiti, the former West Bengal chief minister said, "Instead of taking steps to create jobs, Trinamool Congress is giving money to the clubs for spending. It is giving birth to an unholy culture which will destroy the future of poor youths living in slums."
"Instead of helping the youths to go back to schools and colleges, they are providing them with cheap liquor and bikes, in order to recruit them in their hooligan brigade. This tendency has to stop," Bhattacharjee alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Auto-rickshaw strike in Delhi, commuters hit hard
- 7th Pay Commission: Notification issued; central govt employees, pensioners to get increased payout for August
- Video alert! Divyanka Tripathi - Vivek Dahiya’s wedding teaser will inspire you to fall in love
- Watch: Fire officials rescue calf after it fell into well in Mirzapur
- All leads have turned out to be bad: Manohar Parrikar on missing AN-32 aircraft