`Won`t allow eviction of slum dwellers by realtors`
Kolkata: CPI(M) veteran Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee today said the Left would not allow eviction of slum dwellers by realtors for setting up malls and buildings.
"We will not allow eviction of slums dwellers. We will stop it at any cost. The government has to take care of the development of slum dwellers," he said.
At the first meeting of West Bengal Slum Development Samiti, the former West Bengal chief minister said, "Instead of taking steps to create jobs, Trinamool Congress is giving money to the clubs for spending. It is giving birth to an unholy culture which will destroy the future of poor youths living in slums."
"Instead of helping the youths to go back to schools and colleges, they are providing them with cheap liquor and bikes, in order to recruit them in their hooligan brigade. This tendency has to stop," Bhattacharjee alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note