Won`t allow Trinamool sponsored goondaraj: Congress
Kolkata: With Governor MK Narayanan having virtually indicted the West Bengal government, the opposition Congress on Thursday slammed the ruling Trinamool Congress for bringing in `goondaraj` in the state.
"Goondaraj is going on in the state. The administration is keeping silent on these incidents. We won`t accept goondaraj in the state," WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharya said at march to the state secretariat to demand a hospital on the lines of AIIMS at Raiganj in North Bengal.
He referred to a letter he wrote to Union Home minister Sushilkumar Shinde demanding that a central team visit the state to assess law and order and said, "Did I do anything wrong? The state government is yet to file a chargesheet in the Park Street rape case even after one year."
Union Minister of state for Urban development Deepa Dasmunsi too criticised the Mamata Banerjee government saying it had failed to live up to expectations.
"We had fought together to oust the Left to usher in change in Bengal. But what kind of political change is actually taken place? Even intellectuals who once supported Mamata Banerjee are now questioning the change in Bengal," Dasmunshi said.
She also criticised the chief minister for creating hurdles in way of construction of a AIIMS like hospital in North Bengal.
"She is afraid that if an AIIMS hospital comes up in North Bengal, Congress will become a stronger force there," said Dasmunsi.
The WBPCC president criticised the police saying that they stopped Dasmunsi when she was on her way to the rally and demanded an apology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender