Won`t allow Trinamool sponsored goondaraj: Congress
Kolkata: With Governor MK Narayanan having virtually indicted the West Bengal government, the opposition Congress on Thursday slammed the ruling Trinamool Congress for bringing in `goondaraj` in the state.
"Goondaraj is going on in the state. The administration is keeping silent on these incidents. We won`t accept goondaraj in the state," WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharya said at march to the state secretariat to demand a hospital on the lines of AIIMS at Raiganj in North Bengal.
He referred to a letter he wrote to Union Home minister Sushilkumar Shinde demanding that a central team visit the state to assess law and order and said, "Did I do anything wrong? The state government is yet to file a chargesheet in the Park Street rape case even after one year."
Union Minister of state for Urban development Deepa Dasmunsi too criticised the Mamata Banerjee government saying it had failed to live up to expectations.
"We had fought together to oust the Left to usher in change in Bengal. But what kind of political change is actually taken place? Even intellectuals who once supported Mamata Banerjee are now questioning the change in Bengal," Dasmunshi said.
She also criticised the chief minister for creating hurdles in way of construction of a AIIMS like hospital in North Bengal.
"She is afraid that if an AIIMS hospital comes up in North Bengal, Congress will become a stronger force there," said Dasmunsi.
The WBPCC president criticised the police saying that they stopped Dasmunsi when she was on her way to the rally and demanded an apology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp