Won`t release cadre if arrested for second time: Mamata to KLO
Mathabhanga: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday warned insurgent outfit Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) that the state government would not release its cadre if they were arrested for a second time.
At a panchayat election meeting here in Cooch Behar district, Banerjee said the arrested KLO men appeal to the government to get released, and after they are free, took up arms again.
"If such KLO men get arrested again, they would not be released anymore," she warned.
Banerjee alleged the Congress-led Assam government was sending armed miscreants to Cooch Behar.
A few armed KLO men, who came from Assam, were arrested recently from the Assam-Bengal border area.
The KLO was formed in mid-1990s with an objective to carve out a separate Kamtapur state comprising parts of West Bengal and Assam.
- It's actually shocking! Three monks get involved in brawl at Buddhist temple in China - Watch
- ICICI net plunges 87% to over 11-year low as NPA provision soars
- Geologists discover earth's oldest piece of rock!
- Baaghi movie review: Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor's action-packed performances fail to make an impression
- Kashmir issue must be resolved under UN resolutions: Pakistan's Aziz