Won`t release cadre if arrested for second time: Mamata to KLO
Mathabhanga: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday warned insurgent outfit Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) that the state government would not release its cadre if they were arrested for a second time.
At a panchayat election meeting here in Cooch Behar district, Banerjee said the arrested KLO men appeal to the government to get released, and after they are free, took up arms again.
"If such KLO men get arrested again, they would not be released anymore," she warned.
Banerjee alleged the Congress-led Assam government was sending armed miscreants to Cooch Behar.
A few armed KLO men, who came from Assam, were arrested recently from the Assam-Bengal border area.
The KLO was formed in mid-1990s with an objective to carve out a separate Kamtapur state comprising parts of West Bengal and Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea applies for bail, says her medical condition 'deteriorating'