Won`t release cadre if arrested for second time: Mamata to KLO
Mathabhanga: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday warned insurgent outfit Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) that the state government would not release its cadre if they were arrested for a second time.
At a panchayat election meeting here in Cooch Behar district, Banerjee said the arrested KLO men appeal to the government to get released, and after they are free, took up arms again.
"If such KLO men get arrested again, they would not be released anymore," she warned.
Banerjee alleged the Congress-led Assam government was sending armed miscreants to Cooch Behar.
A few armed KLO men, who came from Assam, were arrested recently from the Assam-Bengal border area.
The KLO was formed in mid-1990s with an objective to carve out a separate Kamtapur state comprising parts of West Bengal and Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP