Would ensure industrialisation if voted to power: Mamata
Raidighi (WB): Trinamool Congress supremo
Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday said that if elected to power in West
Bengal, her government would ensure industrialisation in the
state but asserted that it would not acquire land for setting
up private industries.
"We want industries to be set up in the state, but
land should be bought by industrialists," Banerjee told an
election rally in South 24 Parganas district near Sunderbans,
about 100 km from Kolkata.
"We want development of West Bengal and all its people
without discrimination," she said.
Banerjee promised implementation of the Sachar
Committee recommendations for upliftment of minorities that
was "neglected" during the 34-year rule of the CPI(M)-led Left Front government.
She also assured proper development of the riverine
and forested region.
"CPI(M) looks for natural calamities like drought
and floods to make money. But we will transform the Sunderbans
and bring a flood of development and facilities to the people
here," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation