Would ensure industrialisation if voted to power: Mamata
Raidighi (WB): Trinamool Congress supremo
Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday said that if elected to power in West
Bengal, her government would ensure industrialisation in the
state but asserted that it would not acquire land for setting
up private industries.
"We want industries to be set up in the state, but
land should be bought by industrialists," Banerjee told an
election rally in South 24 Parganas district near Sunderbans,
about 100 km from Kolkata.
"We want development of West Bengal and all its people
without discrimination," she said.
Banerjee promised implementation of the Sachar
Committee recommendations for upliftment of minorities that
was "neglected" during the 34-year rule of the CPI(M)-led Left Front government.
She also assured proper development of the riverine
and forested region.
"CPI(M) looks for natural calamities like drought
and floods to make money. But we will transform the Sunderbans
and bring a flood of development and facilities to the people
here," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30