Would ensure industrialisation if voted to power: Mamata
Raidighi (WB): Trinamool Congress supremo
Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday said that if elected to power in West
Bengal, her government would ensure industrialisation in the
state but asserted that it would not acquire land for setting
up private industries.
"We want industries to be set up in the state, but
land should be bought by industrialists," Banerjee told an
election rally in South 24 Parganas district near Sunderbans,
about 100 km from Kolkata.
"We want development of West Bengal and all its people
without discrimination," she said.
Banerjee promised implementation of the Sachar
Committee recommendations for upliftment of minorities that
was "neglected" during the 34-year rule of the CPI(M)-led Left Front government.
She also assured proper development of the riverine
and forested region.
"CPI(M) looks for natural calamities like drought
and floods to make money. But we will transform the Sunderbans
and bring a flood of development and facilities to the people
here," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof