Wrong propaganda by Left over gang-rape victim`s suicide: TMC
Kolkata: Ruling Trinamool Congress on Wednesday accused the Left Front of launching a "wrong propaganda" against the state government over the suicide of a 16-year-old gang-rape victim.
"The CPI(M) is alienated from the people and they are desperately trying to launch a wrong propaganda against the government over this (gang-rape) issue. But the people will not accept this," TMC general secretary Mukul Roy said.
Describing the death of the girl yesterday at a city hospital as "sad," Roy said the administration did whatever was necessary to bring the culprits to book.
"The accused are in jail and a charge sheet has been filed against them," the party leader said.
Left Parties were involved in a tussle with Kolkata Police over the cremation of the body of the girl.
The victim, who was gang-raped twice in a day around two months ago in Madhyamgram, few kms away from Kolkata, had attempted suicide on December 23 and succumbed to her injuries yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan