Wrong propaganda by Left over gang-rape victim`s suicide: TMC
Kolkata: Ruling Trinamool Congress on Wednesday accused the Left Front of launching a "wrong propaganda" against the state government over the suicide of a 16-year-old gang-rape victim.
"The CPI(M) is alienated from the people and they are desperately trying to launch a wrong propaganda against the government over this (gang-rape) issue. But the people will not accept this," TMC general secretary Mukul Roy said.
Describing the death of the girl yesterday at a city hospital as "sad," Roy said the administration did whatever was necessary to bring the culprits to book.
"The accused are in jail and a charge sheet has been filed against them," the party leader said.
Left Parties were involved in a tussle with Kolkata Police over the cremation of the body of the girl.
The victim, who was gang-raped twice in a day around two months ago in Madhyamgram, few kms away from Kolkata, had attempted suicide on December 23 and succumbed to her injuries yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered