Wrong propaganda by Left over gang-rape victim`s suicide: TMC
Kolkata: Ruling Trinamool Congress on Wednesday accused the Left Front of launching a "wrong propaganda" against the state government over the suicide of a 16-year-old gang-rape victim.
"The CPI(M) is alienated from the people and they are desperately trying to launch a wrong propaganda against the government over this (gang-rape) issue. But the people will not accept this," TMC general secretary Mukul Roy said.
Describing the death of the girl yesterday at a city hospital as "sad," Roy said the administration did whatever was necessary to bring the culprits to book.
"The accused are in jail and a charge sheet has been filed against them," the party leader said.
Left Parties were involved in a tussle with Kolkata Police over the cremation of the body of the girl.
The victim, who was gang-raped twice in a day around two months ago in Madhyamgram, few kms away from Kolkata, had attempted suicide on December 23 and succumbed to her injuries yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video