YC procession causes fresh strain in TMC-Cong
Kolkata: A fresh strain in the Trinamool
Congress-Congress alliance came to the fore today when Youth
Congress workers took out a silent procession here denouncing
"attacks" on Congress by the alliance partner in West Bengal.
Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata
Banerjee slammed the Congress for taking out the procession to
"strengthen the hands of the CPI(M)".
WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya, on the other hand,
justified it saying that Youth Congress workers had decided to
take it out to protest attacks on them and police inaction.
"Taking out a procession does not indicate any rift or
tarnish of the government. It is only a protest," he said.
He also said that Congress would do nothing to create
division in the alliance with the Trinamool Congress.
"Congress is for strengthening the alliance with Trinamool
Congress and not for breaking it. We will do nothing that will
strengthen the hands of CPI(M). We will never allow the CPI(M)
to come back to power in the state," Bhattacharya said.
Reposing his party`s faith on Mamata Banerjee government,
he said, "We are with the government and will remain so."
To a question, he said the procession would not affect the
Congress-Trinamool Congress alliance.
Posters taken out in the procession read `What kind of
coalition dharma is this that YC workers are under attack all
over West Bengal?`. Other posters read `Trinamool`s two
virtues - create rift in Congress and murder Youth Congress`.
The procession was led by state YC president Mausam
Benazir, MP and Mamata Banerjee baiter Deepa Dasmunshi, MP
from Hazra Road to Gandhi`s statue on the Maidan.
The strains appeared prior to the November 30 by-poll to
the South Kolkata Lok Sabha seat, where Congress has supported
Trinamool Congress candidate Subrata Bakshi.
The by-poll has been necessitated due to resignation of
Banerjee after she became chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org