YC procession causes fresh strain in TMC-Cong
Kolkata: A fresh strain in the Trinamool
Congress-Congress alliance came to the fore today when Youth
Congress workers took out a silent procession here denouncing
"attacks" on Congress by the alliance partner in West Bengal.
Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata
Banerjee slammed the Congress for taking out the procession to
"strengthen the hands of the CPI(M)".
WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya, on the other hand,
justified it saying that Youth Congress workers had decided to
take it out to protest attacks on them and police inaction.
"Taking out a procession does not indicate any rift or
tarnish of the government. It is only a protest," he said.
He also said that Congress would do nothing to create
division in the alliance with the Trinamool Congress.
"Congress is for strengthening the alliance with Trinamool
Congress and not for breaking it. We will do nothing that will
strengthen the hands of CPI(M). We will never allow the CPI(M)
to come back to power in the state," Bhattacharya said.
Reposing his party`s faith on Mamata Banerjee government,
he said, "We are with the government and will remain so."
To a question, he said the procession would not affect the
Congress-Trinamool Congress alliance.
Posters taken out in the procession read `What kind of
coalition dharma is this that YC workers are under attack all
over West Bengal?`. Other posters read `Trinamool`s two
virtues - create rift in Congress and murder Youth Congress`.
The procession was led by state YC president Mausam
Benazir, MP and Mamata Banerjee baiter Deepa Dasmunshi, MP
from Hazra Road to Gandhi`s statue on the Maidan.
The strains appeared prior to the November 30 by-poll to
the South Kolkata Lok Sabha seat, where Congress has supported
Trinamool Congress candidate Subrata Bakshi.
The by-poll has been necessitated due to resignation of
Banerjee after she became chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea