Youth arrested with arms at Burdwan railway station
Burdwan: A youth, suspected to be a member of an inter-state gang of arms smugglers, was arrested on Sunday after a cache of arms and ammunition were recovered from him at the Burdwan railway station, police said.
Gautam Yadav was arrested from Jamalpur express after three 7.65 mm pistols, 65 rounds of ammunition, six magazines and one mobile handset were recovered from him, said Promodesh Saha, railway station GRP officer-in-charge.
The youth, hailing from Bihar`s Dariapur area, was carrying the arms to be delivered to a Kolkata-based businessman, he said.
Yadav had been arrested on an earlier occasion few months back by the Government Railway Police for possessing arms.
The police suspect that he might be a member of inter-state gang operating between Bihar and West Bengal for arms supply.
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary