Youth Congress leader shot dead in WB
Kolkata: A Youth Congress leader was shot
dead in North 24 Parganas district of West Bengal and ruling Trinamool Congress` coalition partner Congress expressed unhappiness over the law and order in the state.
Debukumar Adhikary, also a gram panchayat member of
Baduria block in the district, was shot dead last night,
Superintendent of Police Champak Bhattacharjee said.
WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharya said some party
leaders had lost their lives in recent past and Adhikary was
the latest and despite repeated requests there was no sign
of any improvement in law and order as yet.
Bhattacharya demanded immediate restoration of law and order in the state and threatened to launch a statewide agitation if the government failed to protect the lives of the people.
Bhattacharya, however, ruled out his party`s withdrawal from the Mamata Banerjee-led government.
"The question does not arise of withdrawing from the
government," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!