Youth Congress leader shot dead in WB
Kolkata: A Youth Congress leader was shot
dead in North 24 Parganas district of West Bengal and ruling Trinamool Congress` coalition partner Congress expressed unhappiness over the law and order in the state.
Debukumar Adhikary, also a gram panchayat member of
Baduria block in the district, was shot dead last night,
Superintendent of Police Champak Bhattacharjee said.
WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharya said some party
leaders had lost their lives in recent past and Adhikary was
the latest and despite repeated requests there was no sign
of any improvement in law and order as yet.
Bhattacharya demanded immediate restoration of law and order in the state and threatened to launch a statewide agitation if the government failed to protect the lives of the people.
Bhattacharya, however, ruled out his party`s withdrawal from the Mamata Banerjee-led government.
"The question does not arise of withdrawing from the
government," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Congress stalwart Sheila Dikhsit refuses to become CM face for 2017 UP elections
- Modi govt shortlists 4 candidates to succeed Raghuram Rajan as RBI Governor
- Uttar Pradesh Congress cancels iftar programme, no official reason attributed behind cancellation
- China cuts yuan fix in biggest downward move since devaluation
- Amit Shah to address party workers in Barabanki